make a site

More About Fees

Flexible Payments

We sometimes offer our services on a flexible payment basis depending upon your circumstances, the nature of your matter, our current workload and the merits and complexity of your matter. This is typically done for property settlements in the Family Court. However, it never hurts to ask!

If you want us to consider acting for you on a flexible payment basis, please let us know during your initial consultation. We will need the following (where applicable) to consider your request:

1. Any letters/documents from any previous lawyer;
2. Any letters/documents from your former partner or their lawyer;
3. Any Family Court documents/orders or Violence Restraining Orders;
4. Your Pensioner Concession Card or Health Care Card (if you have one);
5. A list of you and your former partner's assets and liabilities; and
6. Any documents in relation to you and your former partner’s financial affairs.

Reduce Your Fees

If your Family Court matter is mostly about your children, you might consider applying for a grant of legal aid. Legal Aid WA can also assist in some property matters through their Alternative Dispute Resolution program. However, all Legal Aid WA services are subject to qualifying conditions. Contact Legal Aid WA to check if you qualify.

The Australian Pro bono Centre has information on pro bono legal services and a register of firms that offer those services. The Law Society of WA also runs Law Access, an organisation that coordinates access to law firms in WA that offer pro bono services. They also have information about obtaining legal help in WA as well as general information for the public about finding and hiring a lawyer in WA.

A network of Family Relationship Centres provide a range of information and services that can help you with relationship difficulties prior to a relationship breaking down and after separation. The centres can provide referrals and individual sessions as well as Family Dispute Resolution at no cost. Ongoing Family Dispute Resolution may attract fees depending on your circumstances. When appropriate, we recommend clients engage in Family Dispute Resolution as it can avoid, or at least help to reduce, legal costs.

Community Legal Centres and the Citzen's Advice Bureau offer low or no cost services in various areas of law. Again, there are usually qualifying conditions and you should contact individual centres to find out what conditions apply to their services. Details of Community Legal Centres can be found here or through our resources page.

DIY is an option for some people. This can be with or without some background support from a lawyer, Legal Aid, CLC or other service. A range of DIY resources are available and some are listed on our resources page and our blog.

Contact Details

© Copyright 2017 Now Legal | All Rights Reserved
Temple Holdings Pty Ltd ACN 87636670703 as trustee for the ILP Trading Trust trading as Now Legal ABN 25933687639

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation
Perth | Joondalup | Burns Beach | Kinross | Iluka | Ocean Reef | Connolly | Currambine | Hillarys | Whitfords | Clarkson | Mindarie | Butler | Merriwa | Alkimos | Jindalee | Yanchep | Carramar | Ashby | Tapping | Sinagra | Wanneroo | Darch | Rural | Remote | In Home