website templates

Fee Information

Fixed Fees vs Hourly Rates

Fixed fees provide certainty and transparency about your legal costs and prevent surprises (like big bills arriving at month end). We provide many of our services on a fixed fee basis (including our mobile visits). We do not charge extra for consultations outside business hours or mobile visits - the consultation fee you see on our fees page or when booking online is the fee you will pay! Complex matters may attract a larger, negotiated fixed fee - but this will always be discussed with you and agreed up front!

Whatever your matter, we will be open and up front with you so there are no surprises. Where it is not possible to provide an up front fixed fee, we will provide an estimate of our costs and keep you updated regularly about any changes

Some matters (due to their nature and/or complexity) are better suited to hourly rates. Our hourly rate is set out on our fees page. Again, if the hourly rate is better suited to your matter, we will discuss and agree this with you up front and provide regular updates.

We offer a FREE 15 minute initial telephone consultation so its costs NOTHING to ask if we can help!

How to Pay

Initial consultations that attract a fee (mobile and longer consultations) can be paid online by Mastercard or Visa. Other services can be paid by Mastercard, Visa, PayPal or bank transfer.

Not Included in Our Fees

Court and other filing/lodgement fees
Registration/regulatory fees
Cost of serving documents
Search fees
Courier costs
Stamp duty
Copying and binding
Any other costs we pay on your behalf (disbursements)

How to Reduce Your Fees

 If your Family Court matter is mostly about your children, you might consider applying for a grant of legal aid. Legal Aid WA can also assist in some property matters through their Alternative Dispute Resolution program. However, all Legal Aid WA services are subject to qualifying conditions. Contact Legal Aid WA to check if you qualify.

The Australian Pro bono Centre has information on how to obtain pro bono legal services and a register of firms that offer pro bono services. The Law Society of WA also runs Law Access, an organisation that coordinates access to law firms in WA that offer pro bono services. They also have information about obtaining legal help in WA as well as general information for the public about finding and hiring a lawyer in WA.

A network of Family Relationship Centres provide a range of information and services that can help you with relationship difficulties prior to a relationship breaking down and after separation. The centres can provide referrals and individual sessions as well as Family Dispute Resolution at no cost. Ongoing Family Dispute Resolution may attract fees depending on your circumstances. When appropriate, we recommend clients engage in Family Dispute Resolution as it can avoid, or at least help to reduce, legal costs.

Community Legal Centres and the Citzen's Advice Bureau offer low or no cost services in various areas of law. Again, there are usually qualifying conditions and you should contact individual centres to find out what conditions apply to their services. Details of Community Legal Centres can be found here or through our information page.

DIY is an option for some people. This can be with or without some background support from a lawyer, Legal Aid, CLC or other service. A range of DIY resources are available and some are listed on our information page and our blog.

Flexible Payments

We sometimes offer our services on a flexible payment basis depending upon your circumstances, the nature of your matter, our current workload and the merits and complexity of your matter. This is typically done for property settlements in the Family Court. However, it never hurts to ask!

 If you want us to consider acting for you on a flexible payment basis, please let us know during your initial consultation. We will need the following (where applicable) to consider your request:

1. Any letters/documents from any previous lawyer;
2. Any letters/documents from your former partner or their lawyer;
3. Any Family Court documents/orders or Violence Restraining Orders;
4. Your Pensioner Concession Card or Health Care Card (if you have one);
5. A list of you and your former partner's assets and liabilities; and
6. Any documents in relation to you and your former partner’s financial affairs.

Contact Details

+61 0422 327 155

PO Box 329
Joondalup, WA, 6027

© Copyright 2017 Now Legal | All Rights Reserved | ABN 97 786 763 348
Perth | Joondalup | Burns Beach | Kinross | Iluka | Ocean Reef | Connolly | Currambine | Hillarys | Whitfords | Clarkson | Mindarie | Butler | Merriwa | Alkimos | Jindalee | Yanchep | Carramar | Ashby | Tapping | Sinagra | Wanneroo | Darch